British Steel Pension Scheme

Keyword Search?

Opting Out

You must give your Employer notice if you do not wish to remain in Standard Section membership. You should contact your HR Representative who will provide you with a Member’s Withdrawal Declaration for completion. You should consider this decision carefully as you will not normally be entitled during your current period of employment to rejoin the Standard Section.

Once you opt out, you will be treated as having left Standard Section membership and you will be given the appropriate options to consider.